• Function: helps regulate your heartbeat and move your muscles and is the main material in your bones and teeth.
• Food source: milk, leafy green vegetables, fish with bones – salmon, canned sardines.
• Function: helps your body use glucose.
• Food Source: beans, cheese, whole grains, peas, meat
• Function: help your body utilizes iron, reduce damage from free radicals, healthy thyroid gland, protect tissues covering nerves.
• Food source: tomatoes, summer squash, green peas, garlic, green beans, nuts and seeds, seafood, dried beans.
• Function: healthy bones and teeth
• Food Source: gelatin desserts, fish, tea, and fluoridated water
• Function: helps keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy, and for healthy thyroid gland function
• Food Source: iodized salt, seaweed, seafood, and dairy products
• Function: enzymes, and protein production, and helps the blood carry oxygen.
• Food Source: beans, nuts, dried fruits, green vegetables, egg yolks, and peas
• Function: healthy heart beat, muscles contraction, and proper bones grow.
• Food Source: apricots, bananas, soybeans, nuts, leafy green vegetables, and whole grains
• Function: proper cellular function and bones growth.
• Food Source: cocoa, egg yolks, nuts, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits
• Function: healthy cell function
• Food Source: dark green vegetables, peas, grains, and beans
• Function: balance body fluid, carry nutrients to cells, keep regular heartbeat, muscles contractions
• Food Source: peas, peanuts, dried fruits, bananas, oranges, beans, potatoes, yogurt, and meat
• Function: protect and promote healthy cell function
• Food Source: egg yolks, chicken, garlic, grains, tomatoes, fish, shellfish, and red meat
• Function: body fluid balance
• Food Source: table salt, high in most processed foods
• Function: wound healing, effect sense of smell and taste
• Food Source: whole wheat, poultry, eggs, beef, and shellfish